Testing wi-fi networking configuration in yast2 network
(Total: 0.00 h)
We miss testing yast2 wireless network configuration.
Recently there were improvements introduced to the module, so it's worth taking a look.
Functionality is available both in the installer and in the installed system, and support NM and wicked.
However hostapd is not available on the installation mediums, so will be harder to test this.
We already have following functionality in openQA to emulate wireless network:
Do not hesitate to contact Clemens regarding parts already available for the wicked tests.
As for priorities:
- configuration with wicked in the installed system
- configuration with nm in the installed system
- configuration with wicked in the installer
- configuration with nm in the installer
Trello card content:
Setting up a wireless device in YaST2 is not as easy and straightforward as it should be. The UI is too complex and offers little help to the user. After some discussion with our UX experts, we have come to this conclusions: * Improve the wireless network list (adding signal strength, and so on). * Hide any advanced setting. Actually, only the ESSID and the authentication settings are needed. * Move other stuff (like "mode") to the "advanced settings" dialog.
#1 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
#2 Updated by riafarov about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from riafarov to oorlov
#3 Updated by oorlov over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from oorlov to JERiveraMoya
#4 Updated by JERiveraMoya 11 months ago
- Tags set to YaST
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from future to Current
#5 Updated by JERiveraMoya 8 months ago
- Target version changed from Current to future
#6 Updated by JERiveraMoya 8 months ago
- Target version deleted (