coordination #58184: [saga][epic][use case] full version control awareness within openQA, e.g. user forks and branches, fully versioned test schedules and configuration settings
coordination #80372: [epic] Cleanup vars.json as initial information container between openQA worker and isotovideo
Two absolute paths concatenated to form a default needle dir when PRODUCT_DIR/needles doesn't exist
Sometimes a job execution fails with this error
needles_dir not found: /var/lib/openqa/share/tests/opensuse/var/lib/openqa/share/tests/opensuse/products/opensuse/needles (check vars.json?) at /usr/lib/os-autoinst/needle.pm line 330.
Is concatenating two absolute paths (https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/blob/adbb28bc61ce4f21a55d07399eac7d48badc6b6f/needle.pm#L328) when needles directory doesn't exist.
Remove the directory needles from /var/lib/openqa/share/tests/opensuse/products/opensuse
- AC1: Needles folder has a working default or aborts if PRODUCT_DIR/needles doesn't exist
- Look into logic in
- Improve error message to reveal relevant variables instead of hinting at
- Log the missing
PRODUCTDIR}/needlesif this affects the default nedles folder to be used here
- Create a folder
- Subject changed from Improve the error when the needles directory doesn't exist to Two absolute paths concatenated to form a default needle dir when PRODUCT_DIR/needles doesn't exist
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Concrete Bugs
- Status changed from New to Workable
Updated the description and title. To my mind, this path default makes no sense. The error could be more helpful, but it should be clear that this isn't just a cosmetic issue.
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
- Assignee set to Xiaojing_liu
- Target version changed from future to Ready
oh right. Cool that you found the relation. Then let's add that as related to the existing story.
@Xiaojing_liu I added you as assignee as you are already working on this topic with https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/1627 . Feel free to unassign again in case you or we find out that your PR will not fix the original problem or not all of it.