coordination #42854: [functional][y][epic] Introduce relevant installation validation test modules
[functional][y] Make sure we are validating the right device in validate_encrypted_partition_not_activated
In the scope of parent ticket, we saw that in some cases we can have a false positive when probing the encrypted volume:
"the module validate_encrypted_partition_not_activated does "cryptsetup status /dev/mapper/cr-auto-2" and expects to have as a result "/dev/mapper/cr-auto-2 is inactive"
but if I write "cryptsetup status my_grandma", it will also succeed as the output will be "my_grandma is inactive"." (quote from PR)
We can argue that expectations are set in advance, but in case something changes in the packages or in the configuration,that module will do false positives until we notice it.
- Device is identified before running "cryptsetup status" against it
- Another command is used to validate the encryption of the root disk
- We check that we don't have any activated devices
- We validate that encrypted device exists and validate that it's not activated
#6 Updated by JERiveraMoya about 1 month ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback