Streamline "restart" and "duplicate" routes of the REST-API
- The "restart" route is used when one restarts a job via the web UI and therefore also the route I suggest to use when using the REST-API directly.
- The "duplicate" route also exists but is at this point ironically almost a duplicate of the "restart" route.
- The "duplicate" route is still used (see audit log on o3 and OSD, filter for
- The worker uses the "duplicate" route when a job has been aborted because the worker service is stopped.
- AC0: Make the "duplicate" route an alias for the "restart" route using the same code internally.
- AC1: Backwards compatibility of any route must not be broken. (Except for the event currently emitted by the "duplicate" route. It is not used and may be dropped/replaced. The parameter
dup_type_autocan likely be ignored as well because it doesn't seem so have any effect anymore.)
According to the commits 1c7de4b2ce and 6b48bd8a72 "restart" was there before. According to
git show 6b48bd8a72:lib/OpenQA/modules/Scheduler.pm "restart" meant at the time aborting the job and setting it back to scheduled. Only "duplicate" would create a new job. That explains why "duplicate" was added in the first place.
- The specific functions I'm talking about are
#5 Updated by mkittler about 1 year ago
cdywan I looked at the code a little bit more for the error handling ticket. I've noticed that the event is actually generated and shows up in the audit log (see updated ticket description). I've been searching for
openqa_job_duplicate but it is just
job_duplicate in the further occurrences.
#6 Updated by mkittler about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress