Project

General

Profile

action #69490

openqa webui sometimes displays the test suite instead of the needles in the needles drop down

Added by dancermak 12 months ago. Updated 10 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Concrete Bugs
Target version:
Start date:
2020-07-31
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:

Description

During testing I have frequently had the issue that the matching needle drop down menu would no longer display the matched needles but instead a part of the test suite page (see the attached screenshot). The issue disappears when I reload the page.

This is my local openQA instance: openQA-4.6.1595658530.ccadcf580-1.1.noarch

openqa_bug.png (128 KB) openqa_bug.png dancermak, 2020-07-31 16:50
10285

History

#1 Updated by okurz 12 months ago

  • Category set to Support
  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • Assignee set to okurz
  • Target version set to Ready

I have never seen this AFAIR. Can you reproduce this on other instances? Does this happen since a certain version? Can you reproduce on another browser/X-Server/machine? Can you give details about your operating system and browser versions?

#2 Updated by dancermak 12 months ago

okurz wrote:

I have never seen this AFAIR. Can you reproduce this on other instances? Does this happen since a certain version? Can you reproduce on another browser/X-Server/machine? Can you give details about your operating system and browser versions?

I have noticed this issue only today and never before (used openQA the last time on Wednesday). Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue, it occurred annoyingly often with qutebrowser (have not tried any other browser) when I was fixing the rstudio tests today, but now not anymore :(. If the issue occurs again, then I will try to gather more data.

#3 Updated by favogt 12 months ago

I can confirm that this issue happens sometimes. It only started happening recently (~last week).

#4 Updated by MDoucha 12 months ago

The screenshot shows a running job. It might be a race condition between two AJAX requests (one for module list update and another for the needle list).

#5 Updated by okurz 12 months ago

  • Category changed from Support to Concrete Bugs
  • Status changed from Feedback to New
  • Assignee deleted (okurz)

hm, so it's likely that this is actually related to recent work that introduced more reliance on ajax to update the module list.

#6 Updated by mkittler 10 months ago

Has the test been paused using the developer mode? I'm just wondering because usually there are no preview images for the currently running module.

#7 Updated by dancermak 10 months ago

mkittler wrote:

Has the test been paused using the developer mode? I'm just wondering because usually there are no preview images for the currently running module.

I think it was in developer mode. And yes, sometimes there are no preview images in developer mode, but sometimes they show up after waiting for a while and switching back and forth between the live view and the test overview.

#8 Updated by mkittler 10 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee set to mkittler

I'll have a look.

#9 Updated by mkittler 10 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback

I couldn't reproduce the exact issue because other bugs (likely regressions from https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3352) prevented me from coming that far. So I fixed these bugs which involved rewriting some code (see https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3412). I couldn't reproduce the exact issue but judging by the code there might have been the possibility that preview links get mixed up. That shouldn't be possible anymore so I suppose the issue is fixed now. To be sure I also ran the rstudio test locally and changed a lot between the screenshot previews, text previews and tabs, paused with the developer mode and so on.

I'll keep the ticket in feedback. So let me know if you can still encounter the issue after https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3412 has been deployed. Otherwise I'll consider the issue resolved after some time.

#10 Updated by mkittler 10 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF