Test network configuration during 1st stage, no linuxrc network
Scenario to cover: no linuxrc network... online media, network configured through the profile with setup_before_proposal option
- the next scenario should be, linuxrc network config to fetch the profile, but network configuration for installation defined in the profile
We can use MM test with ay profile on USB drive (or any other local drive) + static network config in the AY profile.
Content of trello card:¶
It would be nice to do not need the 2nd stage for having a functional system ('inst_lan`).
- https://github.com/yast/yast-network/pull/1060 (Documentation update, still draft)
In general, we expect our customers to put their profiles in a network device, so Linuxrc takes care of setting up the network before the installation starts. Then you can provide a different networking configuration in your profile and it is up to you whether to apply it before/after the registration (setup_before_proposal).
However, it might happen that you put your profile in a USB stick (or any other offline media) including a network configuration. In such a case, when using the online installation media, you will not be able to register the system as Linuxrc will not take care of setting up the network.
If you need a fancy network setting to reach the registration server, it will be a problem too.
OK, it is a corner case, but a valid one. And it looks like moving the network configuration to the "autoinit" client might be our best chance.
#1 Updated by riafarov almost 3 years ago
- Related to action #67258: Test network configuration during 1st stage, linuxrc network, no config in the profile added
#2 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Project changed from SUSE QA to qe-yam
#3 Updated by oorlov over 1 year ago
- Target version changed from SLE 15 SP3 to Current
#4 Updated by JERiveraMoya 8 months ago
- Tags set to YaST
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
#5 Updated by JERiveraMoya 8 months ago
- Subject changed from [functional][y] Test network configuration during 1st stage, no linuxrc network to Test network configuration during 1st stage, no linuxrc network
#6 Updated by JERiveraMoya 6 months ago
- Target version changed from Current to future
#7 Updated by JERiveraMoya 6 months ago
- Target version deleted (