Test network configuration during 1st stage, linuxrc network, no config in the profile
Scenario to cover: linuxrc network config to fetch the profile, but network configuration for installation defined in the profile.
Here we can define some static configuration to see that it was applied as linuxrc is using dhcp in most of our scenarios.
We can use MM test with ay profile on USB drive (or any other local drive) + static network config in the AY profile.
Functionality is available in TW only.
Content of trello card:¶
It would be nice to do not need the 2nd stage for having a functional system ('inst_lan`).
- https://github.com/yast/yast-network/pull/1060 (Documentation update, still draft)
In general, we expect our customers to put their profiles in a network device, so Linuxrc takes care of setting up the network before the installation starts. Then you can provide a different networking configuration in your profile and it is up to you whether to apply it before/after the registration (setup_before_proposal).
However, it might happen that you put your profile in a USB stick (or any other offline media) including a network configuration. In such a case, when using the online installation media, you will not be able to register the system as Linuxrc will not take care of setting up the network.
If you need a fancy network setting to reach the registration server, it will be a problem too.
OK, it is a corner case, but a valid one. And it looks like moving the network configuration to the "autoinit" client might be our best chance.
#1 Updated by riafarov almost 3 years ago
- Related to action #67261: Test network configuration during 1st stage, no linuxrc network added
#2 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Project changed from SUSE QA to qe-yam
#3 Updated by oorlov over 1 year ago
- Target version changed from SLE 15 SP3 to Current
#4 Updated by JERiveraMoya 8 months ago
- Tags set to YaST
- Subject changed from [functional][y] Test network configuration during 1st stage, linuxrc network, no config in the profile to Test network configuration during 1st stage, linuxrc network, no config in the profile
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
#5 Updated by JERiveraMoya 6 months ago
- Target version changed from Current to future
#6 Updated by JERiveraMoya 6 months ago
- Target version deleted (