New DNS infrastructure for openSUSE domains
|Status:||In Progress||Start date:||01/01/2020|
As discussed at opensuse-heroes meeting on 2019-11-16 a new independent DNS infrastructure will be setup for openSUSE domains like opensuse.org, opensuse.de, etc.
* Project independence
* Improve security
* More control
#3 Updated by lrupp about 1 month ago
- Checklist set to [ ] Setup test machines, [ ] Adjust/ check deployment, [ ] Salting setup, [ ] Run tests with test domain, [ ] Request change at Regiatrar, [ ] Sent announcements, [ ] Bring systems in production
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to lrupp
- Priority changed from Low to Normal
- Private changed from Yes to No
Please note that I assigned this to me as project leader/ contact person. But I definitely need some help here. Feel free to ping me directly or enhance this issue with your information.
* define a machine outside the Nuremberg network as DNS
I guess widehat might be a good choice? otherwise I'll be happy to run a VM here.
I'm currently thinking more about slimhat, but the idea is the same, yes. ;-)
Thanks for the offer! - Maybe we can combine this with your idea for remote monitoring?
Just one note: the hosts currently run bind (as I know bind), but I'm also happy if someone takes over and deploys (and maintains!) his favorite $DNS server on the machines.