Project

General

Profile

action #55373

Worker::Cache thinks no space is used when cache resides in symlinked folder pointing to other partition

Added by okurz 11 months ago. Updated 6 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Concrete Bugs
Target version:
Start date:
2019-06-18
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:
Duration:

Description

Observation

See #53261

Suggestion

Check how the used space is calculated


Related issues

Copied from openQA Infrastructure - action #53261: tests incomplete with "No space left on device" openqaworker-arm-2 ran out of space in uploading files in jobs -> cache takes 500G, should be only 50G?Resolved2019-06-18

History

#1 Updated by okurz 11 months ago

  • Copied from action #53261: tests incomplete with "No space left on device" openqaworker-arm-2 ran out of space in uploading files in jobs -> cache takes 500G, should be only 50G? added

#2 Updated by coolo 10 months ago

  • Priority changed from Normal to High
  • Target version set to Ready

That's strange as the cache size is calculcated by the sum of things inside it - how it's structured shouldn't matter.

#3 Updated by coolo 9 months ago

  • Priority changed from High to Normal

As the partitioning was changed, it's no longer high prio

#4 Updated by mkittler 9 months ago

  • Assignee set to mkittler
  • Target version changed from Ready to Current Sprint

I've just looked at the code and it uses Mojo::File::list_tree which apparently doesn't work with symlinks, e.g. I've just tried the following:

print(path('/hdd/openqa-devel/openqa/share/tests/opensuse')->list_tree->size);
31445

print(path('/hdd/openqa-devel/openqa/share/tests/sle')->list_tree->size);
0

(sle is a symlink to opensuse)

#5 Updated by mkittler 9 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

#6 Updated by okurz 8 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

It's merged and deployed also to OSD. We do not use symlinks in our cache setup due to this ticket and I doubt it's worth the effort to change production setup back to crosscheck. I trust your testing :)

#7 Updated by kraih 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
  • Assignee changed from mkittler to kraih

While working on #46742 i noticed that this fix only partially works. A symlinked cache directory currently causes all existing files to be purged from the cache with every new download. Think i know how to fix this though, so will prepare a PR.

#8 Updated by kraih 6 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback

#9 Updated by kraih 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to In Progress

#10 Updated by kraih 6 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback

#11 Updated by okurz 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Target version changed from Current Sprint to Done

PR was merged 12 days ago. This is life on both o3 and osd and there were no reports from other users, assuming Resolved.

Also available in: Atom PDF