Project

General

Profile

action #48074

[functional][y] test fails in yast2_hostnames

Added by ggardet_arm over 3 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Bugs in existing tests
Target version:
SUSE QA - Milestone 23
Start date:
2019-02-18
Due date:
2019-03-12
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:

Description

Observation

openQA test in scenario opensuse-Tumbleweed-DVD-aarch64-yast2_gui@aarch64 fails in
yast2_hostnames

Test suite description

Maintainer: zluo, riafarov

Test for yast2 UI, GUI only. Running on created gnome images which provides both text console for ncurses UI tests as well as the gnome environment for the GUI tests.

Temporarily added YAST2_GUI_TERMINATE_PREVIOUS_INSTANCES to see if helps. This variable triggers code which terminates all yast2 processes before starting new one. (see poo#26104).

Reproducible

Fails since (at least) Build 20190111

Expected result

Last good: 20181231 (or more recent)

Further details

Always latest result in this scenario: latest

It seems that Ok button is not validated as expected. (See cursor on downlo|ad-srv)


Related issues

Related to openQA Tests - action #46232: [functional][y] test fails in yast2_hostnames - too tight grep pattern?Resolved2019-01-152019-01-29

History

#1 Updated by riafarov over 3 years ago

  • Subject changed from test fails in yast2_hostnames to [functional][y] test fails in yast2_hostnames
  • Due date set to 2019-03-12

#2 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago

  • Related to action #46232: [functional][y] test fails in yast2_hostnames - too tight grep pattern? added

#3 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago

  • Target version set to Milestone 23

Added oorlov as watcher.

oorlov as you last changed the test module. Do you have an idea if this is a recent test regression?

#5 Updated by oorlov over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • Assignee set to oorlov

I've checked the issue and found out that my changes did not relate to that fail.

Needle was changed on the 13th of February. 'yast2_hostnames_changed_ok' needle is used with 'assert_and_click' function. It should match just 'Ok' button by the current test design. But now it matches the changed fields. As a result it clicks on the wrong place in the dialog.

I've changed the needle for TW and Leap and restarted the jobs.

#7 Updated by oorlov over 3 years ago

Yes, I see. It is because I did not remove the wrong needles. They matched first. I'll remove them and restart the jobs again.

#8 Updated by oorlov over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

Passed on both Tumbleweed and Leap

#9 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago

Thank you, more than I expected :)

Also available in: Atom PDF