coordination #40484: [qe-core][functional][epic] Move different checks to separate test suites not to affect other functional tests
[functional][y] Verify release notes only in relevant scenarios
See motivation in the parent ticket.
We validate release notes in each installation, which is a bit too much. Relevant cases are following:
1) Different architectures (to see that package is available)
2) Online vs offline (as we might get release notes from DVD)
3) Addons (source doesn't matter, either all-packages DVD, or ftp url, or as module)
- Coverage remains same for relevant scenarios
- Release notes are not tested in every installation
- Change in behavior is communicated to other teams, so release notes are also tested for the products QSF is not responsible for (e.g. SLED, SLES4SAP, etc.)
Simplest implementation would be to introduce variable and validate Release Notes in relevant test suites only.
Please, check https://openqa.suse.de/tests/2260719 as we test release note origin there.
Let's address this for SLE only for the start, considering applying same approach for openSUSE.
#9 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
PR: Schedule release notes when relevant
I got a little confuse by release_note origin here, we are referring only to release note, right? not the checking of the package or a combination of both? Answered that it is only about the test module testing the dialog.
#10 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 2 years ago
For example, we can introduce the variable for the following groups:
Functional & YaST:create_hdd_gnome
SLES for SAP Applications:create_hdd_sles4sap_gnome
For openSUSE is not currently implemented to check the dialog, so the new variable is not taken into account.