After having specific job groups for the corresponding subteams we should ensure a proper review workflow is attached to that
- AC1: https://wiki.microfocus.net/index.php/RD-OPS_QA/openQA_review describes how a daily review of all job groups concerning QSF is ensured
- AC2: QSF team is happy with the new schedule
- DONE: Rename "autoyast" section on wiki page to "yast"
- Decide within each subteam how a daily review is ensured, e.g. based on leader+supporter per day or differently
#2 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- Assignee set to okurz
Discussed in the daily 2018-10-30 with QSF. Updated https://wiki.microfocus.net/index.php?title=RD-OPS_QA%2FopenQA_review&type=revision&diff=375641&oldid=375317 including a schedule proposal. So the first suggestion about renaming the "autoyast" section is actually done already.
We try to focus the subteams ''QSF-u'' and ''QSF-y'' more which should also be reflected by daily test review domains. The following options (''O'') are considered:
- O1: We emphasize the ''areas of expertise'' including the YaST job group as one of them but keep a QSF team-wide weekly-schedule with overlap of u-/y-team members
- O2a: Have a shared, overlap weekly-schedule for o3 and per subteam for osd
- O2b: Have a schedule per subteam and let ''QSF-u'' handle o3 review (''con:'' y-team would loose early feedback from new YaST development related changes, especially when SLE products go into hardening phase, ''pro:'' more focus for y-team)
- O3c: As above but ''QSF-y'' handles o3 (''pro:'' y-team closer to YaST development as they would like to be, ''con:'' userspace failures challenging for QSF-y)
- O4: No daily review of o3 anymore, just areas of expertise -> okurz: Not acceptable as the very efficient openSUSE test review approach where oS RMs do the main share of the work should not be hindered by additional frustration when they need to handle the test breakages we introduce or the yast related changes that we already know about
@team WDYT? Feedback welcome!
#5 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
Discussed in the QSF retrospective. We are fine for now with O1, that is we keep a sub-team overlapping schedule for now.
Minor specific proposals:
- Add jrivrain to the daily schedule
- Add oorlov to the overlap schedule replacing jrivera
- Try out review on a weekly base, not daily -> we did a short poll on that, some +1, some -1, some undecided
#6 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
done with https://wiki.microfocus.net/index.php?title=RD-OPS_QA%2FopenQA_review&type=revision&diff=376355&oldid=376268 but I have another proposal for the y-team daily schedule on the wiki
#14 Updated by riafarov over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee changed from riafarov to oorlov
Wiki page updated.