Proper integration of kernel tests into openSUSE Tumbleweed release process, e.g. teach ttm to support multiple job groups
The "totest-manager", in short ttm, is an important component of the openSUSE Tumbleweed process. I think because ttm only supports one job group (and no subgroups), currently "openSUSE Tumbleweed Kernel" is separate, next to "openSUSE Tumbleweed", the only job group that is looked at by ttm and hence the only job group that has direct impact if a build of openSUSE Tumbleweed will be released or not. To make the kernel tests take part in that decision ttm should be extended to support multiple job groups along with further changes to scale the whole development process based on multiple openQA job groups.
#1 Updated by okurz over 4 years ago
- Copied from action #40478: support multiple job groups for ttm added
#2 Updated by jlausuch over 3 years ago
- Parent task set to #58685
#3 Updated by pvorel over 2 years ago
- Parent task deleted (
Removing parent task.
#4 Updated by pcervinka over 2 years ago
- Tags set to openQA, openSUSE, tumbleweed, ttm, aged
- Project changed from openQA Tests to QE Kernel
- Subject changed from [kernel] proper integration of kernel tests into openSUSE Tumbleweed release process, e.g. teach ttm to support multiple job groups to Proper integration of kernel tests into openSUSE Tumbleweed release process, e.g. teach ttm to support multiple job groups
- Category deleted (
- Target version set to 454
#5 Updated by pcervinka over 2 years ago
- Target version changed from 454 to QE Kernel Todo
#7 Updated by okurz 3 months ago
There is nothing to do about this tool on our side.
What do you mean by that? What changed in the past two years what wasn't mentioned here? If nothing changed then I assume the original motivation still holds. An alternative to changing ttm is of course to simply move more tests into the production job group