[OpenQA][IPMI backend] IPMI worker can not survive reboot on dell SUT
We have two dell machines, vh003.qa2.suse.asia and vh004.qa2.suse.asia. When they are binded with ipmi worker, the jobs on those two machines can not survive reboot. For example, after host installation when it boots to the new os, the sol console can only get black screen, not reactive at all. So does any other simple reboot.
After debugging by john and jerry, it is found that the reset_console operation leads to this failure because the existing sol console connection is not properly cleaned up and result in failure in the new sol console setup.
John and jerry also have their 2 proposals as solutions which are open for discussions. I will let them describe in more details in later comments.
#1 Updated by XGWang0 over 4 years ago
I have a fix for this issue, i will fill the PR ASAP if no issue found for my local test on dell and super-micro machine
#2 Updated by cachen over 4 years ago
- Related to action #32746: [sle][tools][remote-backends][hard] Incomplete job because console isn't responding correctly. Half-open socket on IPMI added
#4 Updated by cachen over 4 years ago
Hold on the PR due to poo#32746, we are trying to fully fix it from backend.
#5 Updated by coolo over 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from szarate to XGWang0
- Priority changed from High to Normal
#6 Updated by okurz almost 4 years ago
- Category set to Concrete Bugs
#7 Updated by okurz almost 4 years ago
- Project changed from openQA Project to openQA Infrastructure
- Category deleted (
#8 Updated by xlai almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
This is resolved already by PR https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/1021