Allow changing keyboard layout at runtime
- Related to action #31585: [sle][functional][yast][y] Full installation with a different keyboard layout added
I assume you would like to have a test API function for this. However, adding this kind of utility function on test distribution level makes maybe more sense? If it becomes widely used we can still move it to os-autoinst.
I don't see any sence putting this on the distribution level as it has nothing to do with the distribution - only with the virtual hardware.
Eg. the VNC keyboard layout mapping could be changed at runtime.
- Subject changed from [tools] Allow changing keyboard layout at runtime to Allow changing keyboard layout at runtime
there is no keyboard layout mapping in openQA, there is one in qemu only. And I'm not even sure it can be changed at runtime
- Target version set to future
- Category set to Feature requests
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to okurz
I don't think it's needed to change the keyboard layout actually at "runtime". If necessary one can use a job with one keyboard layout, publish hdd, load hdd on a machine with different layout. With gh#os-autoinst/os-autoinst#1051 and commit 6433e1e4 it is possible to append any potential qemu parameter. With the parameter "-k" the layout can be specified.
Also available in: Atom