[functional][sle][u] dns_srv: Improve test coverage by changing deprecated 'hostname' with 'dig'
|Target version:||QA - future|
"dns_srv" is failing on bsc#1064438 where the bug assignee is very responsive but it is not clear if the test case even is valid. As many s390x tests fail on dns_srv and can not progress further and we have less failures on other test modules for SLE15 now we should make sure tests do not fail on "dns_srv" anymore.
- AC: The module dns_srv uses dig instead of hostname.
- Implement suggestions mentioned in bsc#1064438
#2 Updated by SLindoMansilla almost 2 years ago
Suggestions from: https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1064438#c28
We could improve this test by: 1: Use dig instead of host (host is deprecated anyway) 2: Supply the IP (v6 _and_ v4) explicitly while resolving the request (this avoids the first resolving over /etc/hosts) 3: Run "dig localhost @localhost" in a third step to also test this weird, chained resolving
#6 Updated by okurz almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [functional][sle] dns_srv: Improve test coverage by changing deprecated 'hostname' with 'dig' to [functional][sle][u] dns_srv: Improve test coverage by changing deprecated 'hostname' with 'dig'
- Due date changed from 08/05/2018 to 05/06/2018
- Target version set to Milestone 16
ok, the idea makes sense but I do not think we have that capacity right now. Let's try in S18
#7 Updated by okurz almost 2 years ago
- Due date deleted (
- Target version changed from Milestone 16 to future
Honestly I think we have better things to do at current times and I do not see a reason to replace working tool as long as the command itself does not report as deprecated or is not available to us anymore.