Document requirements for external test suite results to be rendered by openQA
Currently there's some documentation on this pr that has some information on how to use the parser.
The openQA documentation needs to have the required information on how to use external test results and allow to parse/display them on the webUI.
AC1: Projects can look up what's required from their test results so that openQA displays the information from external test results.
#2 Updated by szarate almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Document requirements for external test results to be rendered by openQA to Document requirements for external test suite results to be rendered by openQA
I had a conversation with Anton yesterday regarding this ticket.
One thing to note, is that this is only meant to allow projects that want to execute their own test suites within openQA, and have openQA to also display these results.
One idea is to use LTP as use case, and there is also the Open Build Service tests that are also doing something similar.
#5 Updated by szarate almost 2 years ago
- File 2018-04-20-094734_1020x143_scrot.png added
Current requirements to be able to use the external results parser resolve to:
- Using a compatible format that is registered in OpenQA::Schema::Result::Jobs::parse_extra_tests
The test results from the external Harness can be uploaded via testapi::parse_extra_log($output_file) within an openQA tests.
script_run('prove --verbose --formatter=TAP::Formatter::JUnit t/28-logging.t > junit-logging.xml');
Current examples of the formats are in the t/data directory:
Once the files have been uploaded, currently openQA will display them as shown in the atached image, which is simply by adding an extra row with the text results.
- It should be noted that currently only the slenkins junit tests are properly parsed when specifiying JUnit, JUnit parser is specific for slenkins, if the user wishes to use JUnit comming from another source that spills JUnit, then XUnit should be used.
- A TAP parser is being developed here as a poc
#6 Updated by sebchlad almost 2 years ago
@szarate: what's the status on this one? Documenting requirements is still in progress? Can I help here as the Product Owner of the QA-Kernel&Network scrum team? I'm worry if collecting requirements take now 12 days, how long will the implementation take?
I'm serious. Don't we overengineer here?