as in #23648, still or again happening
Steps to reproduce¶
- clone existing job in firefox
- keep the tab open until the job starts
- observe that the state is still "assigned" while screenshots are updated
- observe the job is reported correctly as "running" after reloading the tab with "f5"
- AC1: The job state on the job details page refreshes when the job state changes
- AC2: The content on the job details page refreshes until we reach a "finished" state
- AC3: The complete web page is never refreshed, only relevant data
- Research how we refresh page content during "Running"
- Apply the same for other states
- Ensure that "Uploading" does not hard-refresh the complete page in the browser
- Ensure that jobs switch automatically from "Assigned" to "Running"
Reload the browser tab.
#3 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from job details in browser windows do not automatically jump from "assigned" to "running" when they start - take 2 to [tools]job details in browser windows do not automatically jump from "assigned" to "running" when they start - take 2
- Status changed from Resolved to New
oops, I think I cloned the original ticket but did not update the status to "open"
#6 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
still happening, see attached screenshot as well. I triggered a job, it was "scheduled" as first, then jumped to "assigned" and was actually executing tests but never jumped to "running". However, in the end it jumped to "passed".
#8 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [tools]job details in browser windows do not automatically jump from "assigned" to "running" when they start - take 2 to job details in browser windows do not automatically jump from "assigned" to "running" when they start - take 2
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
QA tools team discussed this 2020-04-07 and we have the following ideas:
- What we already do in "running" can be applied in all other cases, e.g. only reload relevant parts, not reload whole page
- Also see related #25814 about loading other content on demand
- In general we want to have automatic refreshes of the page until we reached a "finished" state but only reload data and not the complete pages, e.g. as happens during "uploading"
#10 Updated by mkittler over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
- Assignee set to mkittler
- Target version set to Current Sprint
I'd like to start with this ticket as first part of the overall epic ticket #65402 (which I still cannot set as parent). As a first step I'd like to unify the polling for status changes. So far we're using AJAX polling only while a job is running. That should be done in any state except done instead refreshing the whole page.
#13 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
async details loading is live on o3. And it's awesome 🙂
IMHO AC1-3 are all covered as the whole page never seems to refresh anymore anyway. All state transitions seems to be fine while monitoring a job from scheduled over assigned to running as well as finished jobs. I have not yet seen how change to/from uploading looks and feels but I am confident this will be all good now as well. Do you plan anything further? Keep in mind that this ticket is not for "load only parts of modules at a time" or something like that.
#14 Updated by mkittler over 1 year ago
IMHO AC1-3 are all covered as the whole page never seems to refresh anymore anyway.
That is not true. It still refreshes on each state transition. As you've mentioned in a later comment yourself:
There is still a small step visible between "running" and "uploading" when the screenshots are rendered again even though previously they were all already visible.
Do you plan anything further?
Keep in mind that this ticket is not for "load only parts of modules at a time" or something like that.
I'd thought that this feature would belong to #25814 so see my comment there.