Project

General

Profile

action #27503

SLE-15-Packages need deploy to SLP on FTP Server(ftp://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/)

Added by dehai about 5 years ago. Updated about 5 years ago.

Status:
Rejected
Priority:
Urgent
Assignee:
-
Category:
Infrastructure
Target version:
-
Start date:
2017-11-08
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:

Description

As I know, the SLE-15-Packages will be provided to customer as all modules, once this, it will be impacted installation ,migration or other tests. such as, install all modules under offline with no registration, offline migration with all modules and so on.
So my team(apac1-Sunny's team) and qa-apac2 team(Calen's Team) require this product to install all arches.
But I found there is no deploying it to SLP on any ftp server. I only saw its ISO image for four arches.
Important, as far as I know, it can not use ISO images on s390x, usually I use ftp URL to add repos, so that all products can be selected.
We appreciate it to be deployed on ftp server for testing, thanks!

History

#1 Updated by coolo about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected

dist is not part of openqa or its tests. it's maintained by IT.

And the Packages DVD is a copy of all modules - that do exist on SLP. Extracting the Packages DVD would just duplicate them.

#2 Updated by cachen about 5 years ago

Hello DeHai, Alice, could you please help me to learn whether you expect the SLE-15-Packages repository from ftp://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/ for milestone build or from ftp://openqa.suse.de/ for daily build ?

dist.suse.de: create ticket to infra@suse.de, OPS infrastructure team they may help

openqa.suse.de: I guess coolo and santi may help

#3 Updated by xlai about 5 years ago

cachen wrote:

Hello DeHai, Alice, could you please help me to learn whether you expect the SLE-15-Packages repository from ftp://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/ for milestone build or from ftp://openqa.suse.de/ for daily build ?

dist.suse.de: create ticket to infra@suse.de, OPS infrastructure team they may help

openqa.suse.de: I guess coolo and santi may help

What we need is a public repo that can be accessed via http/ftp, wherever it is on. It's required to provide the all-packages for every daily build that is tested in openqa.

http://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/ does not provide the latest daily build. The latest openqa test build is 330.1, however http://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/ only provides 321.5 , as shown in http://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/SLE-15-Module-Server-Applications-TEST, which is the last updated module in Oct 26. No all-package is there.

#4 Updated by cachen about 5 years ago

And the Packages DVD is a copy of all modules - that do exist on SLP. Extracting the Packages DVD would just duplicate them.

Does set the modules as "ADDONS" or "REPO_*" in openqa testsuite can meet the requirement? I guess it should very similar as "ADDONS=ha,geo", but I don't know what is the short name of those modules in openQA

#5 Updated by cachen about 5 years ago

http://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/ does not provide the latest daily build. The latest openqa test build is 330.1, however http://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/ only provides 321.5 , as shown in http://dist.suse.de/install/SLP/SLE-15-Module-Server-Applications-TEST, which is the last updated module in Oct 26. No all-package is there.

Be aware dist is not syncing for daily build, it's only for milestone.

#6 Updated by dehai about 5 years ago

As my required, I need deploy the SLE-15-Packages the latest build and milestone build to use, I will submit a ticket to IT guys to help on dist. as Alice said , there is long time no update on dist with all each modules, I will tell them too.
for now, this situation of offline with no registration to add all modules on s390x, I only got a workaround from openQA, is by adding modules' repo URL one by one. can not use adding SLE-15-Packages repo because there is no such deploy.

#7 Updated by okurz about 5 years ago

  • Target version deleted (Milestone 11)

M11 is closed, removing.

The all-packages medium IIUC is provided as a convenience ISO to be used as such for offline installation. For network based installations, e.g. s390x, I recommend to use SCC registration, i.e. for us that is proxy-SCC, and use the modules from there. An alternative could be RMT.

However, as you specified, as a workaround you can also add the individual module repositories as addons. See the test scenario skip_registration+workaround_modules@s390x-kvm for an example how it's done. The important test variable in this case is WORKAROUND_MODULES=base,desktop,serverapp,script as prescribed by the test suite.

I don't think the request to SUSE-IT is a good idea.

#8 Updated by dehai about 5 years ago

okurz wrote:

M11 is closed, removing.

The all-packages medium IIUC is provided as a convenience ISO to be used as such for offline installation. For network based installations, e.g. s390x, I recommend to use SCC registration, i.e. for us that is proxy-SCC, and use the modules from there. An alternative could be RMT.

However, as you specified, as a workaround you can also add the individual module repositories as addons. See the test scenario skip_registration+workaround_modules@s390x-kvm for an example how it's done. The important test variable in this case is WORKAROUND_MODULES=base,desktop,serverapp,script as prescribed by the test suite.

I don't think the request to SUSE-IT is a good idea.

Hi Oliver, there should have such situation that customer want to install all module with no registration on s390x. and Packages is for all arches, can not exclude s390x, unless not support.

#9 Updated by coolo about 5 years ago

yes. and that customer would extract the packages DVD to get the repos - just as we have them already on FTP. And the customer would have to add the repos one by one - just as you will have to do.

#10 Updated by dehai about 5 years ago

coolo wrote:

yes. and that customer would extract the packages DVD to get the repos - just as we have them already on FTP. And the customer would have to add the repos one by one - just as you will have to do.

Hi coolo: this is default behavior? Well, I thought its adding one package repo URL, and select modules with using YaST during and after installation.

Also available in: Atom PDF