osc plugin: prototype of a mechanism to notify involved users (without repetition)
The plugin should be able to notify involved users about failed builds and failed tests. The first approach will be writing a comment in the staging project mentioning all the submitters. The plugin will need to store some information about the already notified events, to prevent it to notify twice about the same test result of buildfail if it's invoked several timed (which will happen).
#3 Updated by ancorgs over 8 years ago
This page contains a good example of how the comments could look like (last comment at the time of writing this)
#5 Updated by ancorgs over 8 years ago
In OBS you have the following routes for creating, reading and deleting comments:
- get 'comments/request/REQUEST_ID'
- post 'comments/request/REQUEST_ID'
- get 'comments/package/PROJECT_NAME/PACKAGE_NAME'
- post 'comments/package/PROJECT_NAME/PACKAGE_NAME'
- get 'comments/project/PROJECT_NAME'
- post 'comments/project/PROJECT_NAME'
- delete 'comment/COMMENT_ID'
#12 Updated by aplanas about 8 years ago
I tried to test the best way I can, but is not enough. For example, I didn't receive any notification from OBS for any comment with aplanas text.
Also I commented the remove of the comments in the acceptance command to avoid lost of data until there are more test in the code.