[sle][functional][u][hard][investigation] Snapper tests run too long
Snapper cleanup runs for 54 minutes.
Snapper create runs for 18 minutes.
Combined they take too long time and cause job timeouts after 2 hours.
- AC1: snapper cleanup + create runs together on ppc64le take less time than ~50m
openQA test in scenario:
- sle-12-SP3-Server-DVD-ppc64le-extra_tests_in_textmode_ppc@ppc64le SP3 is GM. We are in SP4.
- https://openqa.suse.de/tests/876434/modules/snapper_cleanup/steps/390 The test module is no more scheduled for this test suite.
It failed for SP3 on Build 0304
But now the test module is only scheduled for test suite: osd#extra_tests_filesystem#latest
#4 Updated by email@example.com about 5 years ago
I do consider to increase MAX_JOB_TIME. Right now I don't see any possible
way to changes the test logic. If this fails on the ppc64le and not on
other platform than maybe its not the test case a problem.
Opinions are welcome :)
short-term: make tests work again -> increase timeout
mid-term: simplify tests as one module for such a long time is certainly not a
#21 Updated by SLindoMansilla almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
The test module is only scheduled for test suites
- extra_tests_filesystem: osd#extra_tests_filesystem#latest+previous
- mau-filesystem: osd#mau-filesystem#latest+previous
- jeos-filesystem: osd#jeos-filesystem#latest+previous
The issue didn't happen since at least 7 months:
We have also improvements in the old "force_cron_run" (see poo#31351)
which is going to be renamed (see poo#38093)
And this kind of performance issues will be handle on system performance scenarios (see poo#38090)
#23 Updated by SLindoMansilla almost 4 years ago
With performance issue I refer each time some background tasks affect the current test.
- [2018-07-02T19:47:33.0300 CEST] [debug] ||| starting snapper_cleanup
- [2018-07-02T19:56:44.0716 CEST] [debug] ||| finished snapper_cleanup
- [2018-07-02T20:01:07.0820 CEST] [debug] ||| starting snapper_create
- [2018-07-02T20:04:12.0381 CEST] [debug] ||| finished snapper_create
Wait, I realized I am checking for x86_64, but AC mentions ppc64le and that scenario is not active. Activated scenario on Test Development: SLE_12_SP4 and tracking.
#24 Updated by okurz almost 4 years ago
good. With https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/5222 snapper_cleanup might have changed its behaviour a lot so it might be that actually the goal is fulfilled already without further code changes but you are right to crosscheck this. Before closing this ticket please make sure we do not have "lost" snapper_cleanup on our relevant products. Could be that we have other tickets for that. I just want to make sure we don't forget something :)