Project

General

Profile

action #18444

[sles][functional]Make partitioning_raid test compatible with UEFI

Added by thehejik over 4 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Bugs in existing tests
Start date:
2017-04-27
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
(Total: 0.00 h)
Difficulty:

Description

Was created mainly due failing RAID tests on aarch64, see https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1032058

The problem is that ESP partition /boot/efi is created on RAID1 volume which is not supported by UEFI - EFI is compatible only with MBR/GPT tables with FAT partition and cannot read mdadm magic superblocks. So the machine is not able to boot after installation.

https://openqa.suse.de/tests/855025#step/grub_test/5


Checklist

  • BIOS+RAID
  • UEFI+RAID+ESP
  • UEFI+LVM(RAID)+ESP
  • BIOS+LVM(RAID)

Subtasks

action #18828: [tools][sles][functional] keystrokes are sometimes ignored on aarch64 in partitioning_raid testResolvedSLindoMansilla

History

#1 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

#2 Updated by okurz over 4 years ago

  • Subject changed from Make partitioning_raid test compatible with UEFI to [sles][functional]Make partitioning_raid test compatible with UEFI

#3 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

  • Checklist set to [x] BIOS+RAID, [x] UEFI+RAID+ESP, [ ] UEFI+LVM(RAID)+ESP

#4 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

It's a bit in conflict with https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/11434

#5 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

  • Checklist set to [x] UEFI+LVM(RAID)+ESP

#6 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

  • Checklist changed from [x] BIOS+RAID, [x] UEFI+RAID+ESP, [x] UEFI+LVM(RAID)+ESP to [x] BIOS+RAID, [x] UEFI+RAID+ESP, [x] UEFI+LVM(RAID)+ESP, [x] BIOS+LVM(RAID)
  • % Done changed from 0 to 90

#7 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

I found one issue on aarch64 (but only slow xgene2 and mustang2 workers, on seattle6 it works fine) in setraidlevel() from partitioning_raid test.

When selecting wanted RAID level some keystrokes (eg. Tab) are ignored and then the test is failing, see https://openqa.suse.de/tests/881471#step/partitioning_raid/130

I would like to add a wait between keystrokes so then it will look:

sub setraidlevel {
  my ($level) = @_;
  my %entry = (0 => 0, 1 => 1, 5 => 5, 6 => 6, 10 => 'g');
  send_key "alt-$entry{$level}", 2;                              <---- WAIT 2s HERE
  send_key "alt-i", 2;    # move to RAID name input field        <---- WAIT 2s HERE
  send_key "tab";         # skip RAID name input field
}

Imo there is no better solution for it because wait_screen_change() will not match flashing cursor which is the only change in the screen.

#8 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

thehejik wrote:

I found one issue on aarch64 (but only slow xgene2 and mustang2 workers, on seattle6 it works fine) in setraidlevel() from partitioning_raid test.

When selecting wanted RAID level some keystrokes (eg. Tab) are ignored and then the test is failing, see https://openqa.suse.de/tests/881471#step/partitioning_raid/130

I would like to add a wait between keystrokes so then it will look:

sub setraidlevel {
  my ($level) = @_;
  my %entry = (0 => 0, 1 => 1, 5 => 5, 6 => 6, 10 => 'g');
  send_key "alt-$entry{$level}", 2;                              <---- WAIT 2s HERE
  send_key "alt-i", 2;    # move to RAID name input field        <---- WAIT 2s HERE
  send_key "tab";         # skip RAID name input field
}

Imo there is no better solution for it because wait_screen_change() will not match flashing cursor which is the only change in the screen.

PR for the above https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/2752

#9 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

I changed setraidlevel function to use wait_screen_change instead of do_wait within send_key. Original PR fixed and still valid.

#10 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

thehejik wrote:

I changed setraidlevel function to use wait_screen_change instead of do_wait within send_key. Original PR fixed and still valid.

Hmm, the change didn't help so much :( partitioning_raid still failing on aarch64 workers xgene2 and mustang3. Test is passing only on aarch64 worker seattle6 (but it was passing even before without wait_screen_change). Any idea?

#11 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

thehejik wrote:

thehejik wrote:

I changed setraidlevel function to use wait_screen_change instead of do_wait within send_key. Original PR fixed and still valid.

Hmm, the change didn't help so much :( partitioning_raid still failing on aarch64 workers xgene2 and mustang3. Test is passing only on aarch64 worker seattle6 (but it was passing even before without wait_screen_change). Any idea?

New attempt for the fix https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/2777

#12 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

The last attempt didn't help as well :(

As a workaround I will introduce new WORKER_CLASS=qemu_aarch64_working_raid for seattle6 which is the only worker where the test is passing.

Time to time it fails even on seattle6 worker.

#13 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

Closing, the test is now compatible with EFI, but I found a new issue poo#18828 where the story continues.

Also available in: Atom PDF