Project

General

Profile

action #17396

[sle][functional] gensslcert times out after 600s because it cannot find a suitable prime number

Added by mkravec almost 5 years ago. Updated almost 4 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Bugs in existing tests
Start date:
2017-03-01
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:

Description

Find out if 600s should be enough to generate certificate.

If yes - create bug report
If no - increate timeout

Observation

openQA test in scenario sle-12-SP3-Server-DVD-aarch64-minimal+base@aarch64 fails in
apache_ssl

Reproducible

Fails since (at least) Build 0256 (current job)

Expected result

Last good: 0253 (or more recent)

Further details

Always latest result in this scenario: latest


Related issues

Is duplicate of openQA Tests - action #19536: [sle][functional] Test fails in apache_ssl because it takes to long to find a suitable prime numberRejected2017-06-02

History

#1 Updated by qmsu almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

I tried to reproduce the issue manually, but gensslcert command worked as expected on both aache64 real target and virtual machine.
According to the test results on latest build of SLE12 SP3 Server (build0267), the apache_ssl test is successful.
So there is no product issue here, the failure only occurs occasionally in over-loaded VM.

It takes about 8 minutes to run gensslcert command on a very slow aarch64 virtual machine.
So seems there is no need to increase the timeout of the test case.

Close this issue without further action.

#2 Updated by mkravec almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

#3 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

  • Related to action #19536: [sle][functional] Test fails in apache_ssl because it takes to long to find a suitable prime number added

#4 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

For whatever reason I cannot reopen this issue here so lets just continue the issue here: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/19536
I've added some suggestions in poo#19536 to mitigate the issue in the future.

#5 Updated by okurz over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Resolved

this is why I suggest to not use "closed" because only admins of the progress project can use it.

#6 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

  • Related to deleted (action #19536: [sle][functional] Test fails in apache_ssl because it takes to long to find a suitable prime number)

#7 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

  • Is duplicate of action #19536: [sle][functional] Test fails in apache_ssl because it takes to long to find a suitable prime number added

#8 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to In Progress

I've to reopen this. Happens here again: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1036083#step/apache_ssl/10
This time it ran on mustang (one of our arm workers) which was maybe in addition also loaded.
IMHO we shouldn't just bump up the timeout but really make sure if primes can be found by checking the output for asterisk (*).

#9 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

  • Subject changed from gensslcert times out after 600s to [sle][functional] gensslcert times out after 600s because it cannot find a suitable prime number

#10 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Rejected

#11 Updated by nicksinger over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Rejected to In Progress

#12 Updated by qmsu over 4 years ago

The aarch64 worker in o.s.d was over-loaded?

apache_ssl passed on a temp aarch64 work (the worker is also slow but gensslcert finished within 600s):
http://147.2.207.208/tests/662#step/apache_ssl/43

#13 Updated by qmsu over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback

I find it is really impossible to recreate the issue: I setup an aarch64 worker locally to run apache_ssl test case, but it never failed due to gensslcert timeout (Even the aarch64 host is loaded).
Seems the test is also passed on o.s.d:
https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1057969#step/apache_ssl/1

#14 Updated by okurz about 4 years ago

  • Target version set to Milestone 13

#15 Updated by okurz almost 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from qmsu to okurz

Also available in: Atom PDF