coordination #121855: [epic] Agama web interactive installation
Create a Dolomite default installation and modify Tumbleweed default installation without using CI tests
Currently, we are using the upstream take_screenshots.spec.ts for the agama Tumbleweed default installation. We should create our own default installation test that will utilize all the POMs created so far and the user/password aligned with Yam::agama::agama_base.
Besides create new test and necessary POMs we should take care of not repeating the configuration of default user and root in each test.
AC1: Create agama_dolomite and modify agama_tumbleweed to be our default installations with Playwright not using CI tests (ie: take_screenshots.spec.ts)
AC2: Do not import
expect on top as the validation should be done at the Page level.
AC3: Extract the configuration of user name and password and root password to not repeat it in each test.
AC4: Extract the part of the installation as well in order to not repeat it in each test.
- we can use main-page (all our tests would use
_. To distinguish better we can wait and sync our test with upstream project and communicate with developers, so we can just use that simple rule.
- Extraction in AC3 and AC4 could be just some calls to methods in new Page Object Models (ie that while loop should be insider some page method) that represent the installation process, other option would be to use shared libraries like the example under lib/ but better not using shared libraries, as we know how this could go really wrong...
Updated by JERiveraMoya 4 months ago
- Subject changed from Create an agama Tumbleweed default installation test with Playwright to Create an Dolomite default installation and modify Tumbleweed default installation without using CI tests
- Description updated (diff)
- Parent task set to #121855
Updated by JERiveraMoya 3 months ago
to remove this problem with
- or _` in test what we could do is to move those three ci test to folder ci/ and move all our test to folder e2e/, that would help,
because having main_page.spec.ts and main-page.spec.ts might not be a good idea, still someone can get confused. I have seen this folder name e2e/ in other project or youtube learning with playwright just for the record :)
Updated by syrianidou_sofia 3 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved