[sle][functional][opensuse]multi_users_dm does not actually log in
The multi_users_dm does not actually try to log in a user. This could probably have prevented
#18 Updated by lnussel about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to New
- % Done changed from 100 to 0
I'm reopening this. The links in the comments always refer to first_boot while I've specifically filed this for multi_users_dm. The test still does not try to log in any of the users it creates. The test just checks if the UI changed and is fine with that: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/380356#step/multi_users_dm/12. So in case of gdm is needs to proceed, click on "not listed?" and log in a user.
#21 Updated by okurz about 3 years ago
- Subject changed from multi_users_dm does not actually log in to [sle][functional][opensuse]multi_users_dm does not actually log in
- Category changed from Bugs in existing tests to New test
agreed, although that is a "new test"
do not count on dheidler, he is here one day a week and not very motivated on working on tests
#27 Updated by dzedro about 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Updated needles, test passed.
#30 Updated by StefanBruens about 3 years ago
The current test does not handle differences between GDM and SDDM:
GDM: The login screen shows the user list (https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/385700/file/video.ogv @ 0:19), "User #1" is selected by "KEY_DOWN" + "return" sequence
After the user is selected, the password is entered and submitted with return
SDDM: Keyboard focus is on the password field. Entering "KEY_DOWN" + "return" submits an empty password (video shows "login failed"). Password field is blocked for ~ 3 seconds, password goes to nirvana.
https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/blob/259d34845d2fe8cc525e100c46c2fd5949e69916/lib/utils.pm#L299 needs to change the key sequence for SDDM:
- SHIFT + TAB for move focus backwards
- Select user: SDDM seems to use the breeze-oenSUSE theme, which uses a username prompt instead of a list, as 100 users is more than "disableAvatarsThreshold = 7". -> type user1 to select the user
- press enter -> focus
- password + enter
Lightdm seems to have a similar issue to SDDM, althoug up/down switches the user, no enter is required afterwards.