[tools] test fails in test_distribution, can not reach server size:M
openQA test in scenario openqa-Tumbleweed-dev-x86_64-openqa_install+publish@64bit-2G fails in
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/3310592#comment-421808 shows that the issue reproduces and is likely no product nor test regression so infrastructure.
Test suite description¶
Maintainer: email@example.com Test for installation of openQA itself. To be used with "openqa" distri. Publishes an qcow2 image including the openQA installation ready to run as an appliance.
Fails since (at least) Build :TW.20660 (current job)
Last good: :TW.20659 (or more recent)
- Is it a temporary problem with download.opensuse.org? If already fixed in the meantime then just retry, monitor, resolve
- Do we need more retries to cover that problem?
- Consider investigation calls in a post_fail_hook to check network or something
- Enable http://jenkins.qa.suse.de/job/trigger-openQA_in_openQA-TW/ again and remove note from job description
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
- Project changed from openQA Tests to openQA Project
- Subject changed from [tools] test fails in test_distribution, can not reach server to [tools] test fails in test_distribution, can not reach server size:M
- Description updated (diff)
- Category changed from Bugs in existing tests to Regressions/Crashes
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Due date set to 2023-06-09
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- Assignee set to okurz
download.opensuse.org is down is discussed in https://suse.slack.com/archives/C029APBKLGK/p1684830562019379
- Assignee deleted (
discussion going on in https://app.slack.com/client/T02863RC2AC/C028VS8TM2B/thread/C028VS8TM2B-1684830061.023179
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
The outage was resolved and we've not seen similar issues this week. As discussed briefly besides adding even more retries there isn't much we can do to improve on our side. If we really wanted to we could implement a package mirror but that's beyond the scope of this ticket.