[retro] Open questions on how a ticket about update_install on PowerPC was handled size:M
In retrospect we're not clear why #115793 seems to have received as little attention as it did.
- AC1: Existing team processes better handle tickets nearing SLO's
- The ticket was filed under openQA Tests
- The ticket was moved between
[tools]during its lifetime.
- The ticket was moved between Feedback and Workable
- There were updates close to our SLO's meaning it could have been overlooked when using queries such as update forecast.
- Part of the SM workflow is checking this query. If it did come up there's no record of it.
- There was some unclarity as to the nature of the issue. Comments don't reveal what may have been discussed e.g. in Slack, Daily or Unlock calls.
- There's an unexplained a gap of > 1 month between updates.
- Cover least recently updated tickets in Unblock calls
- Try out a dedicated new query like tickets updated by priority
- Find other examples of tickets that couldn't be handled better where we might have more information on what happened
#1 Updated by cdywan 2 months ago
- Copied from action #115793: [qe-core] test fails in update_install on PowerPC size:M added
#2 Updated by cdywan 2 months ago
This ticket is based on an item that was brought up in our retrospective today. And I feel like it's important enough to track what we discussed. Maybe it was punted for good reason, maybe there was other tickets that got in the way, maybe conversations out of band raised questions that weren't put into comments. We simply don't know, but I'm sure we can still find an improvement to our processes to avoid this in the future.
Since ensuring that we pick up tickets always falls back to me I'm also picking up the ticket.
#3 Updated by okurz 2 months ago
- Due date set to 2023-02-07
- Category set to Organisational
We are currently conducting the weekly unblock and focus more on the "pull-principle" meaning that we ask for every ticket what is missing to have it resolved (rather than push for new/workable to pickup when people are already "busy"). Maybe we want to update our query a bit but besides that I would say we are good.
#4 Updated by cdywan about 2 months ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
I saved tickets updated by priority and extended our description of the Midweekly Unblock based on what we discussed. With that I think we can conclude this ticket.