2021-10-05 18:00 UTC: openSUSE Heroes meeting October 2021
When: 2021-10-05 18:00 UTC / 20:00 CEST
Who: The openSUSE Heroes team and everybody else!
#2 Updated by lrupp about 1 month ago
Increased size of nuka.infra.opensuse.org weblate disk¶
Increased the size of /var/lib/weblate to 50G, which should give a bit more space for weblate (which is increasing all over the time - see picture from the last two months).
Upgraded Moodle to the latest released version 3.11 - improved the package by adding separate sub-packages for using moodle with nginx (fpm) or apache. This fixed #95671
Upgraded Limesurvey to the latest released version 5.1.14.
Upgraded Gitlab to the latest released version
- code-ci.infra.opensuse.org #98268
- status3.opensuse.org #97778
Generating DNS backups¶
There is a new script on chip.infra.opensuse.org (/root/bin/backup_dns_zones.sh), which creates additional file-based backups of each DNS zone hosted by chip. Why? We have backups of the database, but the file-based backups are easier for searching/diffing.
The machine had two update problems for some weeks now:
Problem 1: cannot install the best update candidate for package noggin-0.0.1~git20200417.ff06b4b-0.fc32.2.noarch - nothing provides (python3.8dist(flask-healthz) >= 0.0.1 with python3.8dist(flask-healthz) < 0.0.2) needed by noggin-0.0.1+git20201028.542001b-0.fc32.1.noarch Problem 2: package noggin-theme-openSUSE-0.0.1+git20201028.542001b-0.fc32.1.noarch requires noggin = 0.0.1+git20201028.542001b-0.fc32.1, but none of the providers can be installed - cannot install the best update candidate for package noggin-theme-openSUSE-0.0.1~git20200417.ff06b4b-0.fc32.2.noarch - nothing provides (python3.8dist(flask-healthz) >= 0.0.1 with python3.8dist(flask-healthz) < 0.0.2) needed by noggin-0.0.1+git20201028.542001b-0.fc32.1.noarch
Removed the two problematic packages including their dependencies for now. Waiting for Neal or Sasi to restart their work on this machine.
- mirrordb1 and mirrordb2 are forming a synchronized cluster again
- both servers run PostgreSQL 13 since 2021-09-26
To get ahead of the vulnerability scans from SUSE, Lars installed kali (kali.infra.opensuse.org) inside our openSUSE heroes (private) network. There is already a first scan report available. We might want to schedule a dedicated training/meeting for this, if you like.
Theming the login page¶
https://login2.opensuse.org/cgi-bin/auth-up is now using a first draft of the new layout.
- Checklist changed from [ ] Questions and answers from the community, [ ] status reports about everything, [ ] review old tickets, [ ] Create an infrastructure survey? (see #95144) to [ ] Questions and answers from the community, [ ] status reports about everything, [ ] review old tickets, [ ] Create an infrastructure survey? (see #95144), [ ] Server maintenance workflow for meet.o.o (see #99711)
I added it to the agenda, but next time, feel free to add topics yourself ;-) (or just join the meeting and bring up your topic)
- Status changed from New to Closed
2021-10-05 heroes meeting
- several reports in this ticket, see above
- code.o.o will be updated to Leap 15.3 on the weekend
- new VM meet-test.o.o
- salted setup for borgpackup is WIP
- code-ci.i.o.o (jenkins) setup is WIP
handling the list of openSUSE Members:
- use CSV file, database, or add fields to the IDP (account system)?
- delegating access/admin permissions (to the membership officials) in IDP needs some work (timeline unclear)
- moodle might also be an option (and allows to add custom fields)
- discuss and decide together with the membership officials (WIP)
- work in progress
- ask how much people like each of our services
- ask if someone wants to help
- suggestions for questions/answers welcome