action #94090: [qe-core][qac][study] End-to-end combination test scenarios
[qe-core] Web/app serving end-to-end scenario
A test case for a theoretical app server running inside a Kubernetes cluster, serving clients.
Ideas/examples about possible implementation details:
- Rancher K3S for the server https://rancher.com/docs/rancher/v2.5/en/installation/resources/k8s-tutorials/ha-with-external-db/
- NodeJS 14 LTS serving either http directly or from behind nginx proxy
- From SLE repositories where available, or https://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/#opensuse-and-sle
- For client, one could use something like minimal containers running multiple (tens of?) httperf in a local network. If SUSE containers not minimal enough, maybe for example docker alpine:3.13.5. One can balance between the number of containers and number of threads within.
Try not to overlap eg with what QE Performance is testing, see eg "database/http traffic" tests and others.
- Runs a simple https server (self-signed certificate) inside a single node Kubernetes
- Each client connecting to it uses https (ignoring self-signed certificate)
- The clients altogether doing at least hundreds of requests per second.
- Runs for minimum 1 hour
- Runs on at minimum 15-SP2, 15-SP3, Tumbleweed, Leap 15.3 and SLE12 if possible without extra effort