coordination #58184: [saga][epic][use case] full version control awareness within openQA, e.g. user forks and branches, fully versioned test schedules and configuration settings
Complete test definition from a single yaml schedule file in local test distribution folder
See #58184 . As a test maintainer using openQA I want openQA to be able to load the complete test definition from a yaml schedule in a local test distribution folder so that all the necessary configuration can come from a central place and no configuration needs to be added to the openQA database beforehand
isos postaccepts a file path parameter pointing to a job templates file
isos postreads products+machines+job_templates from the referenced file and schedules according jobs
- Read our results and get ideas from spike #71758 and https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/2706 and https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3848
- Think about fitting parameter, e.g. how about
JOB_TEMPLATEStaking a relative or absolute file path?
- Probably picking up https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3848 and starting with the already existing test is the best approach
- Crosscheck that the implementation does not break reading job templates
- Add documentation
Out of scope¶
- Reading git repositories from within openQA
- Loading more than one job templates file
- Merging configuration with already existing database configuration, assume a clean database with no machines, no products, no job templates defined.