See parent #80546 . To be able to scale-up openQA we want to be able to separate recent openQA results (on expensive+fast storage) from older, important openQA results (on slow+cheap storage).
- AC1: results on openQA can be automatically separated into two different storage targets
- AC2: https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3858 is merged or closed
- Add help in web UI based on https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3858 describing the impact of periods selected for "important" jobs when archiving is enabled
- Add comments in the example openqa.ini describing the archiving feature based on https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3858
- Add documentation for the new openQA feature based on https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3858 where the internal help and the comments in openqa.ini seem not enough
- Run tests, e.g. in SUSE internal's staging setup
- Add a complete implementation of the draft https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3858 - continue and finish it or start over :)
Out of scope¶
- UI representation for archived jobs: #91785
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
I'm closing the ticket despite the remaining caveats. The archiving job takes care to delete any leftovers if copying fails so if cleanup and archiving interfere with each other the worst which can happen is a failed archiving job (but leftovers should not pile up in the archive). Besides, this is very unlikely anyways.