[qe-yast][qe-core][qem][QU] test fails in scc_registration (multipath not tested on Full images)
openQA test in scenario sle-15-SP2-Full-QR-ppc64le-multipath@ppc64le-no-tmpfs fails in
Test suite description¶
Test installation on machine with virtual multipath hardware. Only tests succesful detection of multipath and installation. No functional testing of multipath itself.
Fails since (at least) Build 376.10
See Online-QR's result at: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/5259394
This is the first time the test is tried to run on Full images.
Also SP3 Yast tests do not test multipath on Full: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/overview?distri=sle&version=15-SP3&build=124.5&groupid=129
This task might be for QE Yast to enable multipath testing on Full images at some point.
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#5 Updated by mgrifalconi about 1 year ago
I did some investigation. It's not possible to clone the test since the original image is gone, so I used
ISO="SLE-15-SP2-Full-x86_64-GMC-Media1.iso" which is close enough I suppose.
The full image needs
scc_registration and the online image vice-versa.
Online image, scc_registration and then multipath: OK https://openqa.suse.de/tests/5294329
I assume the same issue of the Full image is also here https://openqa.suse.de/tests/5294239 for s390
#6 Updated by tjyrinki_suse about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [qe-core][qem][QU] test fails in scc_registration (multipath not tested on Full images) to [qe-yast][qe-core][qem][QU] test fails in scc_registration (multipath not tested on Full images)
Adding qe-yast tag too since this would be for them but so far we've often dealt with QU issues.
Note that all of the Full images QU tests are new, the flavor did not exist before. Case-by-case it can be considered whether to run the same test also on Full-QR, not just Online-QR.
#7 Updated by mgrifalconi 12 months ago
- Status changed from Workable to Rejected
Seems like I missed the same ticket for a different arch https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/87710 and me and Dominik worked in parallel on the same thing.
Going to close this since it's now a duplicate and a PR has been merged.
For the record, I am not 100% happy on applying workarounds on the test schedule instead of following-up with a product bug to clarify why the images work in a different way but I understand it's a cheaper solution and the problem is not that relevant.