[sporadic][timeboxed:12h] autoyast_reinstall@s390x-kvm-sle12 fails in installation
During installation on s390x-kvm-sle12, the worker is trying to use pty but even though grub seems to be loaded after failure, it might take longer than expected.
To try reproducing issue manually see https://gitlab.suse.de/qsf-y/qa-sle-functional-y/-/blob/master/Manual_Testing_Guide.md#zkvm
Investigate the issue and the failure frequency.
Maybe increasing the timeout would solve it.
openQA test in scenario sle-15-SP3-Online-s390x-autoyast_reinstall@s390x-kvm-sle12 fails in
Test suite description¶
Parent job produces autoyast profile after successful completion. This test uses generated profile to do autoyast installation.
Fails since (at least) Build 44.1
Last good: 78.1 (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#1 Updated by syrianidou_sofia over 2 years ago
- Project changed from openQA Tests to qe-yam
#2 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Target version set to SLE 15 SP3
#3 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [sporadic] autoyast_reinstall@s390x-kvm-sle12 fails in installation to [sporadic][timeboxed:12h] autoyast_reinstall@s390x-kvm-sle12 fails in installation
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
#4 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
- Assignee set to riafarov
#5 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
#6 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
#7 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
We skip second stage there and try to connect to the VM after installation. There we have grub timeout disabled, so machine won't boot at all if enter is not presses. So sporadically we would wait for 120 for grub, and press enter afterwards when it was not there yet. PR addresses it to wait for grub longer and even if we miss it on the serial, we will select OS to boot still.
#8 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
This is an autogenerated message for openQA integration by the openqa_review script:
This bug is still referenced in a failing openQA test: autoyast_reinstall
To prevent further reminder comments one of the following options should be followed:
- The test scenario is fixed by applying the bug fix to the tested product or the test is adjusted
- The openQA job group is moved to "Released"
- The label in the openQA scenario is removed