coordination #80142: [saga][epic] Scale out: Redundant/load-balancing deployments of openQA, easy containers, containers on kubernetes
Improve documentation for redundant/load-balancing webui deployments of openQA
We have a proof-of-concept of a redundant/load-balancing webui deployment based on docker-compose. To make that more visible we should cover it in documentation so that it shows up in https://open.qa/docs
- AC1: the proof-of-concept instructions can be reached from http://open.qa/docs/
- Take a look into the existing documentation in https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/blob/master/docker/README.md
- Either include the README file in the documentation generation chain or move the content into one of the existing doc files in docs/ that are already included
#1 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Copied from action #69355: [spike] redundant/load-balancing webui deployments of openQA added
#2 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Target version changed from future to Ready
#3 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Parent task set to #80142
#4 Updated by ilausuch over 2 years ago
I think ticket is blocked by https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/88187
#5 Updated by cdywan over 2 years ago
- Blocked by action #88187: Set the addresses in the "internal clients" configurable added
#6 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
#88187 merged, unblocked
#7 Updated by mkittler about 2 years ago
- Assignee set to mkittler
#8 Updated by mkittler about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
As a first step I only did the improvements mentioned in the commit message. However, I have to note that the documentation is actually horrible to follow. Two different setups (Fedora and
docker-compose) are explained in an interleaved way. It would make much more sense to use distinct sections. The documentation also uses way too many cross-references of the kind "do not follow instructions of that other section" or "follow instructions of that other section except for".
#9 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
PR merged. Additional to the AC I suggest to crosscheck with "example users" if the new documentation structure is sufficient.
#10 Updated by mkittler about 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
The documentation is now available under http://open.qa/docs/#containerizedsetup.
Additional to the AC I suggest to crosscheck with "example users" if the new documentation structure is sufficient.
I have already mentioned that I don't like the way the documentation is structured. At least the Fedora container and the docker-compose setup should be separated from each other. However, I'm not sure whether it makes much sense to improve it at this point.
#11 Updated by mkittler about 2 years ago
#12 Updated by mkittler about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
It should be good enough for now. I've been following the instructions myself and was able to create a basic docker-compose setup. The documentation should of course be further extended as we improve the docker-compose setup itself.