coordination #69478: [epic] Upgrade o3+osd workers+webui to openSUSE Leap 15.2
Upgrade o3 webUI host to openSUSE Leap 15.2
- Need to upgrade machines before EOL of Leap 15.1 and have a consistent environment
- AC1: o3 webui host runs a clean upgraded openSUSE Leap 15.2 (no failed systemd services, no left over .rpm-new files, etc.)
- read https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqav3/wiki#Distribution-upgrades
- Reserve some time when the instance is only executing a few or no openQA test jobs
- After upgrade reboot and check everything working as expected
- If we loose access to the machine we need the help of EngineeringInfrastructure as only they have access to the VM
I've just been updating the staging machines and haven't noticed any problems so far when following instructions from https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqav3/wiki#Distribution-upgrades very closely. However, I haven't run any tests within the staging instances so far.
That's enough system updating for me today. I'm not available from Friday to Monday so it is likely better for me to pick up the task to migrate the actual o3 host next Tuesday (if nobody else did the update in the meantime).
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
[12:58] I've just rebooted o3 with Leap 15.2. All units are up and running again and everything seems to work. I've created /space/tmp/20201117 with DimStar's command (not sure whether the contents of the resulting file are correct).
[12:59] I had to change quite some files from rpmconfigcheck. I hope I haven't made some mistakes. If there's a problem, let me know.