coordination #69130: [functional][y][epic] Extend test coverage for firstboot
[y][timeboxed:20h] Figure out most used module for the first boot
We need to decide which modules to enable further and act on those.
We now have test suite with custom xml: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/10856
We need to understand how to cover all the modules, which we have for first boot.
Expected outcome of the research:
- List of the first boot modules is identified along with conflicting modules/clients and grouping for the test suite is proposed
- Priorities are also clarified using data from bugzilla to know which modules/clients are used
- Follow-up tickets based on the findings are filed
- Details are documented at least in this ticket, so not lost
#7 Updated by syrianidou_sofia 6 months ago
After investigating previous bugs on yast2-firstboot, the scenarios for extending the coverage:
1) Enchance yast2_firstboot module to enable inst_lan for network configuration (There could be a bug here. Enabling the module in /etc/YaST2/firstboot.xml doesn't do the trick.)
2) Modify yast2_firstboot_custom test suite, so that different configuration is covered. Replace /etc/sysconfig/firstboot and /etc/YaST2/firstboot.xml files in order for the firstboot to:
- Display customized welcome message.
- Change language for both system and keyboard.
- Set autologin checked by default for new user.
- Change the current root password.
- Display customized license.
- Display customized finish text.
before proceeding to firstboot configuration, abort and reboot in order to verify that firstboot will run again.
3) Enable yast2_firstboot in textmode with necessary customization, module replacement and new needles.