[y] system_state should upload collected data
system_state.pm is just collecting data from the process list and system loads. I think it would be meaningful to upload the collected data to the OpenQA logs and assets, wherever this is used. Doing such we can review those data afterwards as it is tricky to add automatic validation on the output.
So basically we can:
- Fix the text uploading the file.
- Additionally, perform a bit of research about where the post fail is trigger with ps and from which class you need to inherit to have it.
- Consider if we need this module.
#1 Updated by riafarov almost 3 years ago
- Due date changed from 2020-08-25 to 2020-09-08
- Category set to Enhancement to existing tests
- Target version set to future
#2 Updated by riafarov almost 3 years ago
I'm not sure why would we need this, except some special conditions, and I believe we measure systemload in the post-fail hooks. But definitely makes sense to make data more visible, at least as record info, so it's easy to copy-paste, for instance.
#3 Updated by riafarov almost 3 years ago
- Due date changed from 2020-09-08 to 2020-09-22
#4 Updated by JERiveraMoya almost 3 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Estimated time set to 3.00 h
#5 Updated by ybonatakis over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
- Assignee set to ybonatakis
#6 Updated by ybonatakis over 2 years ago
there is save_system_logs subroutine which collects the running processes and the cpu loads
during the post_fail_hook of each installation module. For that reason i remove the system_state
from yast modules. Although i enhanced the module and it can be used in case of a successful test
to provide those info in the logs of the job.
#7 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Due date changed from 2020-09-22 to 2020-10-06
#8 Updated by ybonatakis over 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
#9 Updated by ybonatakis over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved