[y] Test fully qualified domain name as an input for yast2-network
Although it is recommended to not use a FQDN as the static hostname there is not a restriction in the kernel or hostnamectl to use it and thus, there should not be a restriction in YaST in case that the user has a use case in which it is needed. YaST has recent changes in yast2-network to address this.
This is not typical use case, so low priority.
#1 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
- Assignee set to riafarov
Not sure what is expected to be done here? In case you still remember what was the idea, please feel free to refine and reopen.
#2 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Project changed from SUSE QA to qe-yam
#3 Updated by ybonatakis over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Rejected to New
The aiming for this is to validate that the user is able to type the hostname in a form of
example.com. before the change user could not do that. Take a look on https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/1441593#step/yast2_network_settings/19. The ticket was to validate that the change from the developers in yast2-network works for the hostname textfield. ofc we do not want to change the name of the hostname for the job but i still think we need to test it to cover regression maybe.
I will reopen it and if you think that it does not make sense close it again.
#4 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [y] The hostname input field permits fully qualified domain name to [y] Test fully qualified domain name as an input for yast2-network
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee deleted (
- Priority changed from Normal to Low