mlmmj control/access discard spam first, then deny html
Whilst looking at issue 69004, I noticed some 3000 queued mails on anna. It looks like a lot of spam, denied due to HTML contents. I took a quick look at the mlmmj access settings, and we first deny HTML content, then we discard spam. I think it ought to be the other way around - first discard spam, then deny HTML content. I think that'll significantly reduce the queue on anna/elsa. Now I just have to come with a sed incantation to edit the access settings for our 118 lists :)
- Private changed from Yes to No
What we typically have is this (probably from the list template)
deny ^X-Spam-Status:.*HTML_MESSAGE discard ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\* discard ^X-Spam-Flag: YES
I suggest this is better:
discard ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\* discard ^X-Spam-Flag: YES deny ^X-Spam-Status:.*HTML_MESSAGE
#5 Updated by pjessen about 1 month ago
- Due date deleted (
The number of queued mails on 'anna' has dropped to about 900, which could be seen as a significant improvement. Or just seasonal variation :-)
The following lists have bounces in the queue currently:
opensuse-announce fixed opensuse-bugs html permitted opensuse-buildservice fixed opensuse-commit html permitted opensuse-cz fixed opensuse-de fixed opensuse-doc fixed opensuse-el fixed opensuse-es fixed opensuse-factory fixed opensuse-gnome fixed opensuse-hu fixed opensuse-isdn-de only a single subscriber (gmane) opensuse-ja fixed opensuse-kde fixed opensuse-kde3 fixed opensuse-kernel opensuse-m17n opensuse-marketing opensuse-packaging opensuse-ppc opensuse-programming opensuse-project opensuse-releaseteam opensuse-security opensuse-security-announce opensuse-test opensuse-translation opensuse-translation-el opensuse-translation-es opensuse-updates opensuse-web opensuse-xfce
Today 1000 mails queued,
- 150 are outbound to firstname.lastname@example.org - unable to resolve.
- 215 outbound to gmail, account full or delivery too rapid
- 270 outbound to celestika, connection refused
- 65 outbound to lonestar, timeout
- 31 outbound to iae.ping.de - Can not forward mail via smtp
- 25 outbound to planet-school.de - does not resolve.
- 30 disguise.ga - connection refused.
- 31 pompous.com.hk - does not resolve.
- 31 ljung.it - does not resolve
- 22 schweb.com.ar - does not resolve.
After some more filtering it leaves about 95, of which quite a few are web_jekyll and the bounces. Some were from nginx on pontifex. I have fixed the cron job to send to admin-auto instead.