Enable SUSE partners to test SLE using openQA in the open easily
As a SUSE partner I can execute openQA SLE tests based on the existing tests, e.g. in os-autoinst-distri-opensuse so that I do not need to rely on SUSE internal testing of SLE only or re-invent automated tests. This came up in a discussion with our partner IBM.
- os-autoinst-distri-opensuse is open and free already but os-autoinst-needles-opensuse includes (only) the openSUSE needles, os-autoinst-needles-sle is internal
Is anyone outside allowed to run e.g. Beta versions of SLE?-- okurz: I don't know what I meant with that question. Obviously Beta versions are meant to be used by non-SUSE employees
- Would someone outside SUSE be allowed to publish SLE needles on his own?
- Is there a difference for Alpha/Beta/RC period?
- Would we be able to provide the internal needles to SUSE partners (when they promise to not disclose them)?
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee set to maritawerner
- Target version changed from Ready to future
I am not sure why I originally reported the ticket in the "openQA Project" as it seems more fitting to "openQA Tests". I will keep the ticket in the main project, maybe there are things we can improve on the upstream openQA side still.
maritawerner can you help to find answers to the questions in the ticket? If we find a better and supportive message we can motivate for more use of our automated openQA tests by Beta testers to be able to scale our testing better and not rely on only SUSE-internal QA.