coordination #44075: [functional][y][epic] Use more static code style checks to make life for test developers such a pain that nobody dares to add new tests which we would not be able to maintain anyway ;)
[functional][y] Limit maximum file length with static code checks
- AC1: Static checks prevent our perl files to exceed a useful limit, e.g. 1k lines ## Suggestion
- Let's think about the proper size reasonable.
- Investigate perl critic to achieve this goal.
- Gather a list of file that contains more that 1k lines that we want to exclude.
#2 Updated by riafarov over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [functional][y][timebox:6h] Limit maximum file length with static code checks to [functional][y] Limit maximum file length with static code checks
- Due date deleted (
- Target version changed from Milestone 24 to future
Not seeing as priority.
#3 Updated by riafarov about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Workable to Rejected
- Assignee set to riafarov
I will take responsibility on rejecting this one, as it's too subjective which limit to set and it should be clear that long files are bad, like main.pm.
And we have 4 of them:
Which we tried to split, but they are still too big.
For 500 lines we have:
we are addressing complexity already and it's not helping where someone will increase file length from 990 lines to 1001 and will be pushed to split it.