[ipmi][functional][u] test fails in reboot_after_installation; The console isn't responding correctly. Maybe half-open socket
|Category:||Bugs in existing tests|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 23|
openQA test in scenario sle-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-gi-guest_sles11sp4-on-host-developing-kvm@64bit-ipmi fails in
From the log: "The console isn't responding correctly. Maybe half-open socket? at /usr/lib/os-autoinst/backend/baseclass.pm line 245."
There were changes in the restart handling code: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/commits/master/lib/power_action_utils.pm.
Test suite description¶
Fails since (at least) Build 178.1
Last good: 177.1 (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#1 Updated by cachen about 1 year ago
Please follow https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/32746#change-193802
the error hitting had been reduced in virtualization tests by the merged PR#5915, it looks to me the failure happens again cause by the rewrite in commit 023c4c09dca87d17b3cec325f3adb5288525a211 :)
#3 Updated by xlai about 1 year ago
- Assignee set to michalnowak
Actually after PR#5915 merged, I rarely see the 'half-open socket' issue. From code view, the change by commit 023c4c09dca87d17b3cec325f3adb5288525a211 is likely to retrigger the issue.
@michal, would you please help to limit the change in your above commit only to non-ipmi?
#4 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
@michalnowak I prepared a revert of your PR for discussion: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/6919
Please see a14a5c550 from me which deleted the
wait_screen_change to improve stability on ipmi in ticket #32746
#6 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [ipmi] test fails in reboot_after_installation; The console isn't responding correctly. Maybe half-open socket to [ipmi][functional][u] test fails in reboot_after_installation; The console isn't responding correctly. Maybe half-open socket
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from michalnowak to okurz
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to Milestone 23
Updated my PR according to your comments.