Worker configuration to get assets from a different server than the webui
When using an instance from our internal SUSE OpenStack Cloud (see https://engcloud.prv.suse.net/auth/login/?next=/project/instances/03d320f0-bfce-4b26-9ac4-cfbcb254dae6/) those instances have limited network bandwitch (see https://wiki.microfocus.net/index.php?title=SUSE/ECP#Network_latency) which causes a download of an ISO or qcow2 to last a whole day, and then the worker has to download it back.
For the tests it is possible to have them on a separate server different from the webui (see CACHEDIRECTORY + rsync configuration in /etc/openqa/workers.ini)
It would be helpful to configure the worker to download the assets from a different server with better network bandwidth.
- AC1: Workers can get assets from a different server than the webui.
- AC2: It is possible to configure in /etc/openqa/workers.ini where to get the assets from
#1 Updated by okurz almost 5 years ago
- Related to coordination #25278: [epic]Refactor worker_bridge for federated openQA support added
#2 Updated by okurz almost 5 years ago
I guess the idea for the provo engineering cloud was to use federation. This topic was mainly worked on by szarate. You could ask him. IMHO a duplicate of #25278
#3 Updated by SLindoMansilla almost 5 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
Federation would be a possible solution to "showing results on the SOC instance while running it (webui+worker) on an local openQA instance".
But the problem of the bandwidth is even mentioned by foursixnine as impediment (see poo#25278#note-7), so I dont think a federation solves my problem.
Since this would require a different solution, I don't consider this a duplicate.
#4 Updated by coolo almost 5 years ago
This is basically asking for a proxy host between webui and worker, no?
#5 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version set to future
yes, a proxy.
#6 Updated by okurz almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from [tools] Worker configuration to get assets from a different server than the webui to Worker configuration to get assets from a different server than the webui