action #34102: [functional][y][epic] improve openqa/scripts
[functional][y][medium] improve openqa/scripts - Feasibility: Make openqa/scripts open source if possible, feasible and beneficial
- AC1: At least a part of openqa/scripts is open sourced or we have a clear statement in a project README file why we do not want to do this
- Ask main stakeholders in this repo about their opinion, e.g. lnussel, coolo, qa-tools-team
- Create github project e.g. on os-autoinst/scripts, as replacement for parts of it or all
- Proper license (again, check with contributors)
- Replace previous location with redirect notice
- Ensure all references to old location - if changed - are updated
#6 Updated by riafarov about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
Idea was to evaluate what part of the scripts we can share with the
community, which is tricky. Hence adding reasoning why it's a project on
our internal gitlab in the README.
#9 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
ok, I read a bit from your MR to the README (only what I could figure out from notication emails without VPN) and sorry to say but it looks like you made it a bit too easy. Yes, the whole project as is can not simply be open sourced. Yes, direct descriptions of the internal infrastructure are tabu but that should not mean we can not separate that better to actually achieve this step. Compare the "fetchneedles" script we have in upstream openQA and the "fetchneedles-sles" script we have in gitlab. I guess we could do a similar route to success.
#10 Updated by riafarov about 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
AC is fulfilled, I've collected the feedback by asking people mentioned in the description. And we agreed that maintaining 2 repos would be painful. Let's discuss on Monday. I also don't see that neither as a priority, nor as a problem which will help us.
#16 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [functional][y][medium] improve openqa/scripts - Make openqa/scripts open source if possible, feasible and beneficial to [functional][y][medium] improve openqa/scripts - Feasibility: Make openqa/scripts open source if possible, feasible and beneficial
Moved the outcome ticket to the parent for better visibility in an still open ticket