[opensuse][sle][x11regressions]test java support in Firefox
in Leap Firefox accidentally disabled Java support due to following upstream non-ESR. To avoid surprises like this in the future we should have an openqa test that makes sure the browser supports plugins like java. Maybe use an approach like https://www.heise.de/security/dienste/Java-403125.html ?
#1 Updated by okurz over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from test java support in Firefox to [opensuse][sle][x11regressions]test java support in Firefox
"unfortunately" we already have tests/x11regressions/firefox/sle12/firefox_java.pm (besides a lot of other x11regression tests) which so far are only executed for SLE while I see them applicable for openSUSE as well and it is very much preferred to do that as well because feedback from openSUSE also improves SLE.
lnussel maybe you want to talk to our internal desktop development related team(s) and try to come up with a more generic approach?
Specifically related to the tests I recommend the following:
- move test module from "sle12" subfolder to something more generic and not have a version included in the path
- trigger it for openSUSE (Tumbleweed and Leap) and try it out. Will need at least (new) needles
- reduce duplication between SLE and openSUSE if any
#4 Updated by riafarov over 5 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback