[opensuse][sle][x11regressions]test java support in Firefox
in Leap Firefox accidentally disabled Java support due to following upstream non-ESR. To avoid surprises like this in the future we should have an openqa test that makes sure the browser supports plugins like java. Maybe use an approach like https://www.heise.de/security/dienste/Java-403125.html ?
Updated by okurz over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from test java support in Firefox to [opensuse][sle][x11regressions]test java support in Firefox
"unfortunately" we already have tests/x11regressions/firefox/sle12/firefox_java.pm (besides a lot of other x11regression tests) which so far are only executed for SLE while I see them applicable for openSUSE as well and it is very much preferred to do that as well because feedback from openSUSE also improves SLE.
@lnussel maybe you want to talk to our internal desktop development related team(s) and try to come up with a more generic approach?
Specifically related to the tests I recommend the following:
- move test module from "sle12" subfolder to something more generic and not have a version included in the path
- trigger it for openSUSE (Tumbleweed and Leap) and try it out. Will need at least (new) needles
- reduce duplication between SLE and openSUSE if any
Updated by riafarov over 6 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback