[qe-core] geekotest bisect is broken for child test runs
geekotest bisect feature is broken for test runs, where the test incidents are added in a parent job, i.e. for child jobs of installing updates.
For those jobs the bisect feature does not work, because the test repositories have already been added, and are present in the qcow2 image. Restarting the child job without the issue in the
*_TEST_REPOS setting has no effect, and thus for those jobs the bisect feature is broken.
See e.g. https://openqa.suse.de/tests/10481473#comments where
27737 causes an installation conflict, but the bisected job run https://openqa.suse.de/t10481564 fails with the same issue, because the incident repository has been added by the parent job, so restarting the child job alone does not remove
27737 from the test run.
Here the test run
bisect_without_27737 should have been passing, but it shows the same issue.
Steps to reproduce¶
- No concrete reproducer identified
- Issue is present in all test runs where child jobs are bisected but update repositories are added in a parent job
- geekotest bisect does not work for child jobs.
- Test repositories have been added by the parent job (e.g. https://openqa.suse.de/tests/10479689#step/add_update_test_repo/79)
- Restarting the child job wit a modified
*_TEST_REPOSsetting value has no effect on the system. The test incident repositories are already present in the underlying qcow2 image.
- When bisecting jobs with a parent, we need to restart the parent as well
- Disable bisect for those job runs, as they are confusing the reviewer
#2 Updated by okurz 4 months ago
- Blocked by action #122296: Fix openqa-trigger-bisect-jobs to actually remove incidents from bisection tests again added
#3 Updated by okurz 4 months ago
- Project changed from openQA Project to openQA Tests
- Subject changed from geekotest bisect is broken for child test runs to [qe-core] geekotest bisect is broken for child test runs
- Category set to Bugs in existing tests
- Status changed from New to Blocked
- Assignee set to szarate