persistent description field for job groups
As a new user I want to know more details about job groups to better understand what they are about, e.g. responsible persons, intentions, related fate entries, etc.
- AC1: everyone can see the description for a job group over UI
- AC2: As AC1 but over API
- AC3: operators can write/edit/delete descriptions in each job group
- Either use the comments table and maybe regard one comment as "special" -> description field, or add a field to each job_group
- provide corresponding API to CRUD descriptions in job groups
- show description field above the progress bars showing build results
- Add UI elements to CRUD description field (could be in admin group)
#1 Updated by okurz almost 7 years ago
- Assignee set to mkittler
mkittler, could be something for you, please delete assignment if not
#2 Updated by okurz almost 7 years ago
- Priority changed from Low to High
See https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=973842 for a very good use case of "description" field. It would be great if openQA would offer a way to set a description on a page without needing to alter the source code of openQA itself.
#3 Updated by mkittler almost 7 years ago
Implementing the feature as "special" comment makes sense to me as well. It would be some kind of "pinned" comment. But it would be nice if someone else would share his opinion, just to prevent developing in the wrong direction.
Additionally my latest adjustments on the comments are not merged yet because there are still some open questions. Those changes should be completed first before adding additional features about commenting.
Currently I can not access the bugzilla link because I still have no access to bugzilla.
#4 Updated by mkittler almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
#5 Updated by mkittler almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
#6 Updated by okurz almost 7 years ago
PR available and merged: https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/837
@Martchus can you add a description of this in the section https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqav3/wiki/Wiki#Advanced-features-in-openQA
@Martchus please update ticket description with current state. I think you have all three ACs covered but obviously not all tasks, e.g. optional and description fields for test suites
#7 Updated by mkittler almost 7 years ago
- Priority changed from High to Normal
Not sure how I can update the initial ticket description.
- optional: Also show description content (or first line as subject line) in index page or in admin page
- optional: Create a template for SUSE what should be written on each job group, e.g. responsible person
- optional: Extend also to test_suites or scenario (and show in test details page)
#8 Updated by mkittler almost 7 years ago
- Copied to action #13590: persistent description field for test suites added
#9 Updated by mkittler almost 7 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Optional tasks tracked in follow-up ticket.