SUSE Hack Week 22 in the SUSE QE Tools team size:S
SUSE conducts a Hack Week and we should use the opportunity for us in the SUSE QE Tools team efficiently.
- AC1: Every tools team member has a hack week project
- AC2: Critical roles, e.g. alert duty, are still occupied and executed during Hack Week
- AC3: Results of Hack Week project work by team members have been presented
- AC4: Nobody has to attend regular calls during Hack Week (one can still join e.g. the daily of course)
- Ask everybody to think about and decide for a Hack Week project
- Optional: Everybody mention their Hack Week project in the ticket (but can also be shared with the team differently)
- Ask for volunteers for the critical roles for the Hack Week period
- Suggest when and where to present results, e.g. weekly coordination meeting or the Monday after hackweek
- Await the presentation of results
- Conduct a hackweek daily instead of the non-infra daily
#2 Updated by cdywan 2 months ago
My hackweek project of choice is going to be a typo-forgiving zypper search plugin.
#3 Updated by tinita 2 months ago
I have many plans and am curious to see how many I will be able to pursue :)
#5 Updated by mkittler 2 months ago
- I will as usual work on my projects on https://github.com/Martchus (for instance to implement a more modern UI for Syncthing Tray as an alternative to the Qt Widgets tree view) and likely also try to improve https://github.com/pianobooster/PianoBooster (which I have already done quite recently but there are still many things to improve).
- I also want to look into using toolbox (or similar tools) to be able to use an alternative toolchain from a container with CMake and Qt Creator (e.g. to use older GCC versions on Tumbleweed or to use the mingw-w64 and Android packaging from Arch Linux on Tumbleweed).
- I will also check the notebook marked to see whether it makes sense to replace my private notebook (where the heat pipe seems broken).
- I will also likely attend on the "Hackweed Pizza & Beer" event at Frankencampus.
#7 Updated by kraih 2 months ago
I'm letting a Mastodon poll decide my Hack Week project. :) https://fosstodon.org/@kraih/109705022832412348
#10 Updated by okurz 2 months ago
#11 Updated by mkittler about 2 months ago
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
#13 Updated by okurz about 2 months ago
We chatted a bit about our results last virtual coffee break but not that many were there this week, let's give it another try next week. Anyway I suggest we resolve this ticket after the next Monday.
#14 Updated by mkittler about 1 month ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved