Recover storage.qa.suse.de size:S
- AC1: Machine is racked again
- AC2: Racktables is updated including mac/connections/rack
- AC3: No related alerts for that machine is firing
- Enable the host-up alert for storage again
- Enable "Packet loss between worker hosts and other hosts" https://monitor.qa.suse.de/d/EML0bpuGk/monitoring?editPanel=4&tab=alert&orgId=1 again
Unable to find that hostname in racktables:
Does anyone know where this machine is located?
guess where the racktable links leads to: https://racktables.suse.de/index.php?page=object&tab=default&object_id=13558 "openqa-ses" the seemingly "orphaned" machine we didn't know what it was intended for :D
So next task: Decide if we should move openqa-ses back to SRV1 or find a new home at FC
I suppose having it in FC will be fine. That means we'd likely mount it somewhere in SRV2 or the lab in the 2nd floor until FC is ready.
Where's the machine now, btw?
Next time we could at least check what services run on a machine before pulling the plug. In this case it would have been very obvious that it's just the storage server.
#7 Updated by nicksinger 2 months ago
- Tags changed from alert, reactive work to alert, next-office-day
I've updated https://racktables.suse.de/index.php?page=object&tab=edit&object_id=13558 to reflect the actual FQDN we know the host and also added the serial number from the attached picture so we can avoid this issue in the future by just looking up the serial number
- Assignee set to dheidler
At next opportunity someone nearby to Nuremberg please create a EngInfra ticket over sd.suse.com/ with added Jira SD group "OSD Admins", make an appointment to take the machine from 2.2.14 (TAM) QA lab location where the machine is currently located, bring it back to SRV1 and mount it back where it was, update racktables and make sure the machine is reachable. Migrating the machine into the new network zone should be done in #120267
As discussed in daily 2022-12-07 dheidler will pick this up.
- Status changed from Workable to Blocked