Project

General

Profile

action #119488

The QEM dashboard is empty

Added by cdywan 3 months ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Target version:
Start date:
2022-10-21
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Motivation

The dashboard is completely empty, see https://dashboard.qam.suse.de/blocked

Acceptance criteria

  • AC1: The dashboard shows current incidents

Suggestions

  • Restart the service
  • Check the db

Related issues

Related to openQA Infrastructure - action #119557: [qem-dashboard] Show a link to Smelt if there are no active incidents size:SResolved2022-10-28

History

#1 Updated by cdywan 3 months ago

Note that smelt is empty/ broken, so this is why the dashboard shows no incidents - the data is actually still there and accessible via deep links

#2 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Blocked
  • Assignee set to okurz

the list of active incidents comes from smelt, so we assume the bot synced an empty list. Once smelt is back it should go back to normal.
https://gitlab.suse.de/tools/smelt/-/issues/922

#3 Updated by kraih 3 months ago

Confirmed in the database that it is indeed related to the SMELT problem. The bot synced an empty list to the dashboard and there are no active incidents:

dashboard_db=# select * from incidents where active = true;
 id | number | rr_number | project | approved | emu | active | packages | review | review_qam
----+--------+-----------+---------+----------+-----+--------+----------+--------+------------
(0 rows)

#4 Updated by jbaier_cz 3 months ago

And just for the record, this is the pipeline job which did the sync: https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/-/jobs/1212601

Maybe we can also improve a bit and abort such attempt? We probably did an empty post, instead we can preserve the old state as a better behavior.

#5 Updated by cdywan 3 months ago

jbaier_cz wrote:

And just for the record, this is the pipeline job which did the sync: https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/-/jobs/1212601

Maybe we can also improve a bit and abort such attempt? We probably did an empty post, instead we can preserve the old state as a better behavior.

In that case it would be best to show that the data is outdated, though, e.g. Data hasn't been updated since... to avoid hiding the fact that new data is not coming in anymore.

#6 Updated by jbaier_cz 3 months ago

cdywan wrote:

In that case it would be best to show that the data is outdated, though, e.g. Data hasn't been updated since... to avoid hiding the fact that new data is not coming in anymore.

There is already "Last updated ago" message on the top which should be enough to indicate that.

#7 Updated by kraih 3 months ago

jbaier_cz wrote:

There is already "Last updated ago" message on the top which should be enough to indicate that.

That message on the dashboard also includes RabbitMQ updates for job results. So it is not directly correlated to updates from the bot.

#8 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Blocked to New
  • Assignee deleted (okurz)
  • Priority changed from Immediate to High

As smelt is back we can continue implementing mentioned improvements.

#9 Updated by kraih 3 months ago

  • Related to action #119557: [qem-dashboard] Show a link to Smelt if there are no active incidents size:S added

#10 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Blocked
  • Assignee set to kraih

#11 Updated by kraih 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Blocked to Feedback

Unblocked, and probably resolved, unless there are more ideas for relevant improvements.

#12 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

All good now

Also available in: Atom PDF